10 Reasons Why Data Center Tape Will Remain Relevant – 2016 and Beyond
Part 2 of 2:
5. Storage tiering
• Object and software-defined storage pair expertly with tape for varying levels of hot and cold storage.
6. Supercomputer use
• Supercomputing centers across the globe frequently utilize tape storage as a critical piece of data management.
7. The Cloud
• Data migration via tape to cloud is significantly faster than Internet transfer.
8. Outpacing flash and disk
• Capacity improvements for tape indicate it is advancing faster than many other market options, which instead are reducing and stagnating.
9. Mega format potential
• Combination with IBM and other corporations indicate expansion far beyond the current LTO roadmap.
10. LTO and flash marriage concept
• A fusion cartridge would decrease load times, provide a data buffer, and include built-in backup.
For more information on how tape can enhance your data center business model, please contact Todd Klug, TKlug@edpllc-usa.com, or call 800-522-3528.