The next generation of Ultrium Linear Tape Open, generation 8, is expected to be released in mid-December 2017 or early January 2018.
What Does This Mean for Tape Media?
- LTO 8 tapes more than double the capacity of LTO 7 tape.
- LTO 8 tapes are expected to have an uncompressed storage capacity of 12TB and a compressed capacity of up to 30TB per cartridge (with 2.5:1 compression).
- Higher data transfer rates of up to 750 MB/sec with 2.5:1 compression and 300 MB/sec uncompressed.
- The LTO 8 cartridges will be backwards compatible with LTO generation 7 cartridges.
Plus, LTO generation 7 cartridges will have a new initialization feature: if initialized as LTO-8 Type M media, they will be capable of storing up to 22.5TB* of data, increasing cartridge capacity by up to 50% and providing a cost-effective tape media storage solution.
Addressing Your Storage Requirements
Tri-Optic is the world leader in storage media barcode labels.
Tri-Optic specializes in:
- storage media barcode labels
- RFID-enabled media labels
- label attaching services
- storage media tape tracking
Tri-Optic prides itself on meeting the specifi cations of some of the worlds largest OEM’s. We have built many strong relationships with major tape library manufacturers in order to ensure we have the most reliable media labels on the market. Our bar code standards are so strict that from label to label there is less than .0381mm of difference between all elements.
Our labels are made on a superior stock and laminated for proper application and maximum life. Tri-Optic uses a non-reflective finish for minimal surface reflectivity and accurate reading every time. We are so sure of the quality of our labels that we give them a lifetime guarantee.
For a free sample or to speak with a tape media expert, contact us today.
Original article here.